Where is Tea Grown and Produced?
Centuries ago, tea was born in China. Before long, it crossed the sea to Japan and then was transplanted far and wide.Today, tea is cultivated on lush hills, high mountains and coastal regions in a geographic belt that runs from the Tropic of Cancer to the Tropic of Capricorn. The great teas of the world, however, are grown and masterfully processed in a handful of countries: China, India, Japan, Sri Lanka (Ceylon) and Taiwan (Formosa).
Steeping Tea is Easy
- Heat fresh, filtered water.
- Add one teaspoon of tea or herbs or one tea bag per six-ounce cup – the size of a traditional tea cup not a mug. If using full-leaf loose tea, first place in infuser or teapot.
- Pour the water over the tea, cover in a pot and infuse.
- Remove the tea bag or infuser.
- Sip. Enjoy the nuances and character of the Sip by Sip Lifestyle. This is drinking tea.
(Courtesy of The Republic of Tea)